Project Short Decscription
Impressive Romanesque work of the eleventh century although Visigoth origins. Currently only the village parish building is preserved, constitutes a romanesque ribagorzano masterpiece that was declared to be a National Monument in 1931.
The church shows influences of a jaqués Lombard Romanesque structure. To this we owe the checkerboard frieze preserved in its walls. It has a basilica floor plan with three naves topped by apses, which makes the central wider and much higher due to the barrel vault and cruciform piers that divide it in six sections.
The entire structure of the building is supported on a firm pavement built with river stones shaped in a hexagram rose. The crypt under the altar probably belonged to the old Visigoth basilica.